Monday, February 1, 2010

My initial response to e-poetry

My initial response to e-poetry based on the pieces assigned so far is that I was not expecting this class to be what it is. I had no idea what I was signing up for when I registered for this class but after seeing the first assignment, I am glad that I did. On the first day of class, I thought that it was going to be old poetry just typed and posted on the internet. Now after reading the first assignments, I realized that this class is going to be a lot different than I expected. The way that the poetry is expressed through the internet is actually pretty interesting. It gives the poems a whole different feeling than if they were just read. I read the last cigarette three times before viewing the action poetry. Once I watched that, I felt complete different feeling from the poem than I got from reading it. It seems like it makes it easier to express the meaning of the poem because instead of just having the words to paint a picture in your head, you have visualizations to actually show you what you are reading about. One thing I can say is that I understood the last cigarettes meaning more than the nine and the mermaid. Those two were a little more confusing but I’m sure over the semester, I’ll be better at interpreting these poems. I am very excited for the rest of the semester and am looking forward to seeing what else we will be learning about.

1 comment:

  1. BTW, It's "The Best Cigarette," not "The Last Cigarette." I make that mistake all the time, too.

    I'm glad you are intrigued now and looking forward to more. I hope you stay that way. :)

    Also, don't forget to go to Vista, type your URL in the submit box, then submit the assignment so that I can grade it.

    ReplyDelete